Services and Rates
- Free phone and office consultations
- Full speech and/or language, auditory processing and academic testing
- Direct 1-1 treatment sessions
- Parent Education and Support Group
- Review of IEP
Treatment sessions will focus on some/all of the following areas based on test results:
- SPEECH is talking, which is one way to express language. It involves the precisely coordinated muscle actions of the tongue, lips, jaw, and vocal tract to produce the recognizable sounds that make up language.
- LANGUAGE is a set of shared rules that allow people to express and share their thoughts, feelings and ideas in a meaningful way and to understand another person’s thoughts, feelings and ideas. Language may be expressed verbally or by writing, signing, or making other gestures, such as eye blinking or mouth movements.
- AUDITORY PROCESSING DISORDER (APD) describes a condition in which people have trouble making sense of the sounds around them.
- FLUENCY, also known as stuttering or stammer, is the ability to express oneself easily and articulately.
- LITERACY is traditionally understood as the ability to read, write, and use arithmetic. The modern term’s meaning has been expanded to include the ability to use language, numbers, images, computers, and other basic means to understand, communicate, gain useful knowledge and use the dominant symbol systems of a culture
- ACCENT REDUCTION, also known as elocution, accent modification, accent neutralization, or deaccentation, is a systematic approach for learning or adopting a new accent.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS have fun learning English so they can easily communicate with their friends and teachers.
- Initial Consultation (phone / in person): Free
- Speech Evaluation Only: $125
- Preschool Speech/Language Evaluation (ages 5 and under): $225
- Speech / Language and Auditory Processing: $325
Evaluations include written report and review of findings with parents.
- Full comprehensive evaluation: $375
*Includes understanding and expression of language, auditory processing, academic testing (reading and writing), and review of previous testing/IEP and parent interview. Math testing can be added for an additional $50.
- 60 minute treatment session: $100
- 45 minute treatment session: $75
(treatment sessions include conferencing with parent/guardian)
- Re-evaluation every 6-12 months: additional $100
(to assess and share progress)
- Dismissal/discharge from treatment report: Free
- IEP review and recommendations: $100
Preferred payment is cash or check. Checks payable to: Trafford Speech, Language and Literacy.
Major credit cards are also accepted, and payment is due at the time of service.
For an expedited checkout experience, it is recommended that if you prefer to pay with a major credit card, please fill out the appropriate form and bring it to your therapy session. At the end of our sessions. we prefer to share what your child has learned and what you see at home rather than spend time on taking payment.
We now accept these insurances:
- CMS / Community Care Plan
- Staywell Kids / WellCare Health Plan
We are out-of-network providers for all other insurances. This means we cannot bill these insurances directly, but we can supply a detailed invoice of your therapy sessions that you can submit to your insurance for a possible reimbursement. Regrettably, most private health care providers in Florida do not provide coverage for speech and language services. However, we urge you to check with your provider to determine exactly what they will cover.
Special Needs Scholarship/Gardiner